OSC Guardian - Safety Advice

OSC GUARDIAN - SAFETY ADVICE
www.OramSecurity.com

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I can find out so much about you

A writer who worked for a tabloid newspaper lays out how easy it is to dredge up massive amounts of information on people and the fear it put in her.  She does a great job of showing how easy it is for someone not "in the trade" of investigation to find things out about you. "It scared me how much someone like me -- with no private-investigation experience or training, really nothing more than an Internet connection and a few hours left alone with the admonition to "find out whatever you can about this dead guy" -- could discover,' Ada Calhoun writes at Salon.com. "Freaked out by this epiphany, I adjusted all my social media settings, set most of my galleries to private, and tried to ensure there was at least one relatively flattering high-res photo of me publicly available, just in case."

No comments:

Post a Comment